My Pages.....

Of me, Pojj and Life in general as I see it...

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Mother-Wife confusion and the Pen that makes you stronger !!

We were hanging out at a friend's place who had invited us for brunch. The lady host started making "garam garam" dosas and served it one at a time so we could all eat it hot. I love that concept, I think mainly because that is how my ma has always been. Serving us hot food, while she cooks. However, pa and ma would exchange places once he is through so he could make chapatis for her while she sat down to eat. Of course, this does not happen 100% of the time, as there are days when we insist that ma makes chapatis for all and sit with us on the table.

So anyway, we all began to discuss how "most" women (subject to personal choices) like to serve hot food and it's obviously something we inherit from our mothers. The "lady host" could not help but say - which is why men sometimes give their wives "Happy Mother's day" cards. I instantly wanted to say - WTF?? but I resisted and said - What?? with the wildest expression on my face. As much as the host's husband disagreed with his wife...she insisted it's normal.

I am still wondering if she should have considered "adoption" ;).

On another front, I met young mothers lately with their cute kids aged 3-5 years. In comes a cutie who has just learnt 3 letter words at school. So he is busy scribbling - PAN, HOT, HAM etc on a sheet of paper with a sketch pen. He then takes this pen in his hand and shows it to his mom and asks (full American accent) - "Ma, why don't we have this pen at home? My teacher told me these pens are good!" I looked at the mom and smiled - told her its time to change stationary at home, the ones you get are not good enough apparently :). And then, he puts the cap on the sketch pen, puts it in his pocket like a gentleman and says - "See Ma, it makes me stronger."

Hahaha...I repeated the lines like a fool and the kid felt really shy. But I loved it, I had not heard something as innocent as that in a very long time. God bless!!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home